Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dorm Contest

Hey guys. I'd like to share my insight on the new decorating contest, in case you'd like to know.

So, it sounds like a lot of fun, right? I haven't actually looked at it in detail, so I can't tell you much about it. You can probably find out about it on The Friendly Necromancer, the Wizard101 Homepage, or Wizard101 Central. All I really know is that it's a contest where you decorate your house or dorm and send in a picture or video.

I'm sure lots of wizards and witches are eager to participate and win. The prize? Not sure. But either way, it's fun to do, right? And to be famous. It will probably get posted on the site. That's something everyone wants, I'm sure. Nobody can say they don't. And the winner will probably get gold or something, right? Well, anyway.

No, I am not participating. Just in case you want to know. I'm ready to hear, "Why not?" But I have my reasons. For one, I haven't started with housing yet. Well, I have, but after a little while I decided to save my gold from every quest, and then spend everything I possibly can into a great house. This can't be a one in a lifetime chance. There's gotta be another contest. That would be so cool though, to win. Too bad I won't be. There will always be another chance, though. I have faith in Wizard101. They listen to us, unlike some games. *Growls*

Anyhoo, housing overall. Let's look at this. My friends always say, "Want to come see my house?" Well, yes I do. It's great to get lost in your darn big fire house or DS house or something. That wasn't sarcasm, actually. The houses are so big and there's just so much to explore, it is actually fun getting lost, even if I can't find my way back. I remember being in a DS house, and before I knew it I was over some huge crate with lava under it and two staircases going up and down and a terrace and a doorway to another room here and there. Gosh, it was confusing as heck, trust me. But it was fun to look at.

My question for all you expert housers and designers. How do you remember your way through that thing? I mean, seriously. Do you use like a trail of furniture? Or do you have a map? I dunno, I would hate spending all my gold on this beautiful furniture and such and then not be able to find it. Although the houses I do see are beautifully organized with school rooms and dorms and bedrooms and study rooms and all that. The furniture they offer is beautiful, along with the houses! In fact, a theurgist friend of mine showed me his house, and I had never seen the life house before. It was drop dead gorgeous and it was hard to believe that's the house I was going to get one day, if not a Moo Shu one. (By the way, my Pyromancer, Jacob Flame, yes a boy, started Moo Shu today thanks to a great new friend, Grace Souldust! :D) He'll definitely have a great house, no doubt. Once he's done with the game, that is. ;)

So, what are your houses like? I'm honestly curious. Are you entering the contest? :O Best of luck to all my readers! Maybe you guys can explain to me the whole house thing a little better... As you can probably tell by now, I'm a little slow. Well, anyway, I'll post again tomorrow guys, see you then! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment