Thursday, June 17, 2010

Gold. Gold? GOOOOOOLD!!!!!!

Heyyo guys, witches and wizards alike. Hows the bosses been running?

So, I've been delaying farming long enough. I mean, I know about it, since there are different versions of it from other games. But you might know I haven't been playing in a while, and just started again since school got out. Now I'm into fansites and stuff, and, well, farming is relatively new to me on Wizard101. So I did a little investigating on Wizard101 Central, (I'm Paige Whisper if you want to look me up) and found out what it included: Defeating a boss over and over for his drops, and selling stuff. Well, I didn't really know of a boss, but my bank was flooded, and I mean flooded! Bartelby knows how, it was 400/100 items! Not only that, my backpack was full with starter items and stuff that I would never use, ever. Paige has her clothes set, there's nothing better she can really get, so there's no need for her to have any other items but to share them with my Pyromancer, Jacob Flame. By the way, because of this whole scheme, he got a "brand new" robe and hat stats (as he keeps stitching his pumpkin mask), but I'll go into that later.

Well, anyway, I decided this was good for me. I only had about 50,000 gold, too much stuff, so put two and two together and it equals? SELLING! So, naturally, first thing I did was went to the Bazaar. Gah, that place is a mess. Great for buying stuff though, just ask Jacob if you ever get the chance. Anyways, I go up, careful not to sell anything I want, (such as my old Sympathetic Shoes, boy, those are cute!) and sell every last useless item in my backpack. Now for me, that's a lot. It went from 80 items to only 22 (I think, maybe less), which means I sold 58 items in my first go. Well. Next step was to raid my bank. This took a good hour or more. That thing had so much stuff, it had to go.

So what I went about doing was using my shared bank for organizing stuff I didn't want to sell and taking out as many hats as I could carry. What I planned to do was go down the line, taking as many of a certain item as I could and selling all those first before getting more. This went on for a while, when I discovered some old robes. I mean really old robes. One of them was an old crown item, from when Zeke sold all the good stuff. It had good stats and gave a wicked Stormzilla spell. I loved that guy! And no, his name was not Bob. It was Fluffy, thank you very much. So Paige hand-me...ed-down that robe to Jacob, along with an old hat that gave Scald and had good stats overall. He painted the robe, stitched the hat, and he's looking great. Oh, they grow up so fast.

Well, this pattern went on for a while. Sell, grab, sell some more, grab some more. Until, UNTIL, I realized, you couldn't sell some items in the Bazaar. NOW WHAT IS THIS!??!!??!?????!?!?!?!?!!!!!1?!?!?!!??!one??!?!?!?!?! It's selling for a great price, over 3,000, and I can't sell it? Then what the heck is the point of making it so darn high and showing it to me none the less? That's just teasing, KI. Really. But at that time, I didn't think so. I was all like, "Oh, ok, no big deal. I'll just sell it in a shop." Well I went and did that and you know what? The price went from 3,000 gold to 3 HUNDRED something gold. SERIOUSLY? If you're going to do that to us KI, tease us with the great values of the Bazaar, at least let us fairly sell the items for their worth. I mean geez, I was not happy about this.

Once I was done, I got over it. Why? My gold total went from around 50,000 gold to 130,000+ gold. That was absolutely amazing, all considered. By the way, the highest offer I got in the Bazaar was for an un-trade-able item that was worth 13,000+. Anyway, so I wasn't complaining anymore. In fact, I was really happy. Maybe I could finally hatch Charlie, who was none too happy about the idea, with another Pioneer Dragon to get a Frontier Dragon. When I suggested the idea to him, he got really mad. Apparently, he does not want to be placed in a tiny class cage with no room for him to open his wings or fly with a thing on top that shocked the heck out of him. I mean c'mon, what pet doesn't want that? Eh, Charlie's a little old dragon now anyway, even if he still looks and fights good. So it doesn't look like I'll be hatching a pet with him for a while, but if you have a Pioneer Dragon, maybe I can manage to stuff him in a case. Maybe.

I was on cloud 9 with my new gold total. It was unbelievable how much I got from selling items I couldn't even use, since they were for other certain schools only. KI, you amaze me sometimes. So today, I was helping a friend out with the Ironworks that had helped me with Jotun (Blake Wraith). He was a great help and really smart, so naturally I was in his debt, like I am Grace Souldust's and Mycin Stargem's. Those guys are all great, believe it! I dunno, but apparently Baxter, that cat with the best gosh darn accent ever in the Ironworks, gives a little gold every time you go to talk to him. It was a huge surprise to see one of those little tips that I never get anymore from Zeke. Since when does he give tips? "Be careful not to step on any cat food cans"? And do you know what he told me? Do you? In any case, he told me that I had too much gold. I was rather dumbfounded. Is it even possible to have too much gold? Is there even a max? Kinda hoping it was a glitch, but I know it wasn't. But Gamma, was it a surprise, even a little troubling. I mean, what am I going to do now? I don't want to waste gold! It seems the max is around 150,000. That is not a lot, from what I've heard so far now. If hatching costs 100,000, they're only leaving me 50,000, even at the max? I think that's unfair, I mean c'mon. For that much, Charlie is gosh darn it GETTING IN THAT LITTLE SHOCKY CASE. Don't worry Charlie, you won't be in there long!

Well, that's the end of my little rant for today. I just thought it was something to share. I've stepped into the wonderful world of farming, and once I figure out what I'm doing, I'm going to really get into it. So, good luck guys, be careful to keep the Kraken's back! 'Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment